Alexey Lukyanuk aka LUCAS
Date of birth : 12/12/1980
Who is he? Fast and spectacular in equal measure, Russian Lukyanuk has forged a reputation for being unbeatable one minute, crash-happy the next. But there’s much to the St Petersburg speed merchant as his dominant victories on the season-opening events in the Azores and Gran Canaria attest.
Stunning start: The Russian burst onto the ERC scene when he battled rallying legend François Delecour for a podium in Latvia in 2013 in his production-spec Mitsubishi Lancer. That earned him the Colin McRae ERC Flat Out Trophy, something he was awarded again when he was second on Rally Estonia in 2014 in the same car. He went one better in Estonia the following season – incredibly in a production-based Lancer – won again in Switzerland and started and finished 2016 with wins in Spain and Cyprus.
Money woes: Lukyanuk’s budgetary issues – a regular problem in the past – blighted a planned graduation to WRC2 for 2017 making the ERC his focus instead.
Tough times: However, it was a truncated campaign. After dominating Rally Islas Canarias in early May, Lukyanuk was seriously injured in a testing crash in his native Russia and missed the rallies in Greece and Cyprus.
Heroic return: His return on Rally Rzeszow ended in a dramatic accident while battling for the lead, making his brave second place on Barum Czech Rally Zlín (he spent much of the event suffering considerable pain in his left foot whenever he had to brake heavily) crucial in his bid to get his season firmly back on track. Sadly, further crashes while leading in Italy and an electrical fault while ahead in Latvia meant his campaign rather petered out.
Victories in Russia
- 2011 – the winner of Russia Rally Cup in 2000N category
- 2014 – Russian Rally Champion in N4 category
- 2014 – Overall Rally Champion of Russia
Foreign sports career
- 2011 – 5th place in Rally Saaremaa overall standings, the final round of Estonian Rally Championship and Baltics Cup
- 2012 – 1st place in Rally Saaremaa overall standings, the final round of Estonian Rally Championship and Baltics Cup (the first among Russians)
- 2013 – Colin McRae Flat Out Trophy at ERC round Liepaja-Ventspils in Latvia
- 2013 – 1st place in category 3 at WRC round in Finland
- 2014 – Colin McRae Flat Out Trophy at ERC round auto24 Rally Estonia
- 2014 – 2nd place in auto24 Rally Estonia overall standings, the ERC round
- 2014 – Estonian Rally Champion in N4 category
- 2014 – Overall Rally Champion of Estonia (the first among Russians)
- 2015 — Colin McRae Flat Out Trophy at ERC round Janner Rally 2015
- 2015 — Colin McRae Flat Out Trophy at ERC round auto24 Rally Estonia 2015
- 2015 — Colin McRae Flat Out Trophy at ERC round Asphalistiki Rally Cyprus 2015
- 2017 — Colin McRae Flat Out Trophy at ERC round Rally Poland 2017
- 2017 — Colin McRae Flat Out Trophy at 2017 season ERC